Sons of Mary Rocks It Out!
Sons of Mary is a local band led by NEIU student Donald Moreland and his brother Dallas. The band was named after their mother, Mary Moreland, and the brothers have pledged to bring good music for a good price to the masses. Sons of Mary has played venues around the greater Chicagoland area for several years now, and recently played to a packed crowd at the House of Blues on March 29, 2012. They graced the NEIU NestFest event on April 14, 2012, contributing their music styling, which are described as an eclectic mix of hip-hop, jazz, soul and funk. Sons of Mary played original songs as well as innovative covers of current popular hits.
Front man Donald Moreland swaggered onto stage wearing a Vikings football helmet, while his brother, drummer Dallas Moreland, surprised the audience by wearing what looked like a cheerleader's uniform. The first song they performed was a cover of "Can't Stop" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, sung by Dallas Moreland, with special guest appearance of lyricist R-dub. The second song was a cover of Bruno Mars' "I Wanna Be a Millionaire" featuring R-dub's free style rap. They kept the crowd going with originals songs such as "Erase My Heart" and their signature composition, "Calling Me Home."
Band members threw shirts and CDs to the crowd, took over the entire stage, and had everyone's feet moving. They really stole the show with their energetic performance.
For more information on Sons of Mary, or to listen to their music go to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sons-of-Mary/59746258053.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The NEIU Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEIU INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE NEIU INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care