PHI RHO ETA to colonize NEIU
Phi Rho Eta Fraternity is bringing a chapter to NEIU. The Fraternity is to bring awareness and solutions to social awareness through mentoring. Started in 1994 at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale they strive for community development and the development of their own members.
The Fraternity strives to provide its members with leadership through a pride in manhood and honor. Promote uplifting self, and others through community involvement. Encourage members to grow through their own and others experiences, and to achieve pride in all they do, Respect for all, and promote excellence.
"We look to aid troubled young men that have a lack of guidance, and bridge the gap between college and high school," said LaMont Taylor, Co-Founder of Phi Rho Eta. "We provide a mentoring services, each chapter adopts a high school and they have group mentoring and one on one mentoring. Every chapter must establish a high school mentor program."
Phi Rho Eta has received permission from the United Greek Council to start recruiting on the NEIU campus. The Fraternity is a not for profit organization.
"The demand we provide for is mentoring services, and the supply is the college students that focus on mentoring in high schools," said LaMont.
Currently Phi Rho Eta has seven chapters. Most of them are in Illinois. The Delta chapter located at the University of Louisville is currently inactive because many of its members are in the military and are currently serving in active duty. There are currently three colonies established. They are at Northern Illinois University, Western Illinois University, and Eastern Illinois University. The Beta Chapter is a Chicago City wide chapter and is based out of Chicago State University.
Phi Rho Eta will have informational tables during the month of Jan. They then plan to have an informal informational meeting in Feb. To be followed by a formal informational meeting.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent neiuindependent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST NEIUINDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT NEIUINDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program