PHI RHO ETA to colonize NEIU
Phi Rho Eta Fraternity is bringing a chapter to NEIU. The Fraternity is to bring awareness and solutions to social awareness through mentoring. Started in 1994 at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale they strive for community development and the development of their own members.
The Fraternity strives to provide its members with leadership through a pride in manhood and honor. Promote uplifting self, and others through community involvement. Encourage members to grow through their own and others experiences, and to achieve pride in all they do, Respect for all, and promote excellence.
"We look to aid troubled young men that have a lack of guidance, and bridge the gap between college and high school," said LaMont Taylor, Co-Founder of Phi Rho Eta. "We provide a mentoring services, each chapter adopts a high school and they have group mentoring and one on one mentoring. Every chapter must establish a high school mentor program."
Phi Rho Eta has received permission from the United Greek Council to start recruiting on the NEIU campus. The Fraternity is a not for profit organization.
"The demand we provide for is mentoring services, and the supply is the college students that focus on mentoring in high schools," said LaMont.
Currently Phi Rho Eta has seven chapters. Most of them are in Illinois. The Delta chapter located at the University of Louisville is currently inactive because many of its members are in the military and are currently serving in active duty. There are currently three colonies established. They are at Northern Illinois University, Western Illinois University, and Eastern Illinois University. The Beta Chapter is a Chicago City wide chapter and is based out of Chicago State University.
Phi Rho Eta will have informational tables during the month of Jan. They then plan to have an informal informational meeting in Feb. To be followed by a formal informational meeting.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The NEIU Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEIU INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE NEIU INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy