PHI RHO ETA to colonize NEIU
Phi Rho Eta Fraternity is bringing a chapter to NEIU. The Fraternity is to bring awareness and solutions to social awareness through mentoring. Started in 1994 at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale they strive for community development and the development of their own members.
The Fraternity strives to provide its members with leadership through a pride in manhood and honor. Promote uplifting self, and others through community involvement. Encourage members to grow through their own and others experiences, and to achieve pride in all they do, Respect for all, and promote excellence.
"We look to aid troubled young men that have a lack of guidance, and bridge the gap between college and high school," said LaMont Taylor, Co-Founder of Phi Rho Eta. "We provide a mentoring services, each chapter adopts a high school and they have group mentoring and one on one mentoring. Every chapter must establish a high school mentor program."
Phi Rho Eta has received permission from the United Greek Council to start recruiting on the NEIU campus. The Fraternity is a not for profit organization.
"The demand we provide for is mentoring services, and the supply is the college students that focus on mentoring in high schools," said LaMont.
Currently Phi Rho Eta has seven chapters. Most of them are in Illinois. The Delta chapter located at the University of Louisville is currently inactive because many of its members are in the military and are currently serving in active duty. There are currently three colonies established. They are at Northern Illinois University, Western Illinois University, and Eastern Illinois University. The Beta Chapter is a Chicago City wide chapter and is based out of Chicago State University.
Phi Rho Eta will have informational tables during the month of Jan. They then plan to have an informal informational meeting in Feb. To be followed by a formal informational meeting.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The NEIU Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEIU INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE NEIU INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!