The Secret to Success Through NEIU Organizations
Student organizations are the secret to success. Students learn to network and model appropriate leadership roles from participation in student activities. Participants soon learn it is unacceptable to treat people poorly and expect good results, which is a vital lesson. If students in the Council of Clubs are not allowed to wield ownership over their leadership roles, then they will never learn to accept leadership roles as adults. 20 of our 70 student organizations from last year have gone inactive as a result of the difficulties involved in sustaining their operations.
Successful business models for leadership, management and behavior modification involve public praise and private critique. Northeastern Illinois University student activities' bureaucratic business culture erects roadblocks and dresses down student leaders. This unacceptable lack of accountability on the part of the administrators responsible for nurturing these groups is causing student groups to plummet rather than rise.
Great service matters little to those who impede student success and achievement. Students remain silent out of fear of retaliation. In a meeting with student leaders, students have been put down in front of peer groups for matters best dealt with in private. The new Vice President of Student Activities, Frank Ross, sent e-mails out requesting new ideas. However, replies targeted participants for bureaucratic retaliation by the Student Activities Organization.
Networking with student alumni as role models is also vital to future success. Our alumni ought to be encouraged to return to campus and help the next generation. Their insight and wisdom in navigating the waters of the university can benefit students. Successful leadership management can open doors for Northeastern Illinois University students to learn in the city and lead in the world.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent neiuindependent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST NEIUINDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT NEIUINDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum