The Secret to Success Through NEIU Organizations
Student organizations are the secret to success. Students learn to network and model appropriate leadership roles from participation in student activities. Participants soon learn it is unacceptable to treat people poorly and expect good results, which is a vital lesson. If students in the Council of Clubs are not allowed to wield ownership over their leadership roles, then they will never learn to accept leadership roles as adults. 20 of our 70 student organizations from last year have gone inactive as a result of the difficulties involved in sustaining their operations.
Successful business models for leadership, management and behavior modification involve public praise and private critique. Northeastern Illinois University student activities' bureaucratic business culture erects roadblocks and dresses down student leaders. This unacceptable lack of accountability on the part of the administrators responsible for nurturing these groups is causing student groups to plummet rather than rise.
Great service matters little to those who impede student success and achievement. Students remain silent out of fear of retaliation. In a meeting with student leaders, students have been put down in front of peer groups for matters best dealt with in private. The new Vice President of Student Activities, Frank Ross, sent e-mails out requesting new ideas. However, replies targeted participants for bureaucratic retaliation by the Student Activities Organization.
Networking with student alumni as role models is also vital to future success. Our alumni ought to be encouraged to return to campus and help the next generation. Their insight and wisdom in navigating the waters of the university can benefit students. Successful leadership management can open doors for Northeastern Illinois University students to learn in the city and lead in the world.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent neiuindependent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST NEIUINDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT NEIUINDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
- How an Ex-College Athlete Survived His Use of...
- Frustrated Seniors Are Often Served Meals They Dislike Or...
- Help Protect The Young Adult Lifestyle
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses
- New App Promises to Revolutionize the Way We Experience Video